<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Christmas Eve Day
Try as I might, not quite all of my Christmas projects got done. All the kids' projects got completed, the last one being at midnight last night. My two sweater gifts will be done in the next couple weeks. I have just the arms to finish on the Entrelac sweater I am knitting for my Mom. This sweater is being done with Noro Kureyon. The sweater for my sister-in-law is not quite as far along. The back is done, and the front is about 1/4 of the way. My sister-in-law chose the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool for her sweater. I am making plans to be able to show photos of projects in their various stages of completeness.

Teenagers Knitting
We visited our neighbors last night and had a nice talk with them and their two teenage kids. Their son was telling us about a girl at his high school that takes her knitting with her and knits during lunch. It is nice to hear first hand how far knitting is now reaching. Everyone is talking about knitting is "hot" right now. Well, truth be told, I hope it is not just a fad. As with all fads, the trend eventually dies down. The 80s were known for their fads, and I am not sure a single one has survived the test of time. Funny thing about fads are they are completely out of your control. We are doing our best to spread the joy of knitting to as many people as we can. From there, what happens, happen.

Misc Store Notes
We are closed today through Sunday, December 28th. We will be open regular business hours Monday-Wednesday the following week. Closed Thursday, January 1st, then open again Friday and Saturday. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone. I plan on posting again sometime this weekend, either Saturday, or more likely, Sunday.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?